Wednesday 8 July 2009

Photo's

So far I’m having a great holiday. Saw great nature, met nice people, have been surprised by the size and variety of this country, and finally I left mainland China on time. So now I’m in a big modern city with a lot of Chinese people, called Hong Kong. I’ll probably write something about Hong Kong the next time cause it’s a really different place than the mainland. For now however I thought it’s best to share a few photo’s, cause since Hong Kong is also something of a democracy, they are not blocking any sites on the internet, and I can finally share pictures again without any problems.


Litang, a Tibetan village in the west of Sichuan. A very special place at the attitude of more than 4000 meters.


Outside Daocheng, finally an empty China.


Close to Shangri-la, a very beautiful temple, were I drove my bike to.


The Tiger leaping gorge, very beautiful and the best hike I did in China and surprisingly enough very few tourist who are going there.


After a long day of walking/climbing a cold beer at the roof terrace of probably the best located hostel I stayed in so far. Just next to the gorge, with a great view.


Diner with new Chinese, Korean travel friends.


Next day we got all the way down into the gorge, which was exhausting, but definitely worth it.


The boat driver of a small bamboo boat on the Li river.


A very special landscape on the Li river.


The Chinese are very proud on this beautiful scenery so they put it on the 20 Yuan bill.


China's famous animal the Panda. He doesn't do anything more than eating and sleeping all day.


Finally, I also did some rock climbing outdoors on one of these strange mountains near the Li river. Tiring, painful and expensive (for China), but somehow geat fun.

2 comments:

  1. jenny van der toorn8 July 2009 at 10:38

    prachtige foto's! leuk om met jou mee te kijken. Mooi land, China.
    Oma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! Now I envy you !

    ReplyDelete